So here I am again at stange hours of the night after awhile of not posting. I guess somethings come to me better at these times!
Last evening Adam asked me what I want for Mother's Day and I had to think about it for a while. So at supper I said I know what I want for Mother's Day and it won't even cost you anything. I told him I wanted his to give the kids baths that night before bed and then get the kids ready to go to church in the morning. Then later...the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep...I thought about it some more. I think what I really want for Mother's Day (and Father's day) is for us to teach the kids what honoring your mother (and father) is. Teach them that we always need to do that, but just make it especially special on these days. Teach them that it is ok and nice to buy gifts, but more importantly that we are to think about and be thankful for what our parents do and sacrifice and how much they love us and that God wants us to do this. I really couldn't think of anything that I wanted Adam to buy me...I would much rather have a fun, special time with the family. OK, I'm going to be a little selfish here and say that I would like to waited on a little bit, "have the day off" type of thing!!!
Also as I was thinking about all of this I realize that I'm going to have to apologize to the kids, I have been slighty unpatient the last few days and seemingly rather irritable. I just feel like I need to be more conscience of when they want me to play a game or something that my cleaning or whatever can wait and I can make them feel important too and just sit down with them and play with them. You'd think it would be simple and easy to do this, but it seems like our (or my) selfishness gets in the way rather quickly! How do we teach them to honor us if we can't take to time to love and honor them?! I just really want to work on this. I love my kids so much I want them to know how important they are.
Well, I also need to say how much I love my mom!! She is so wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better mom. When we were growing up, at church on Mother's Day people could stand up and say something about their moms. I said I hoped that some day I can be as good of a mom as I have. Hopefully, still that day will come!! I love you Mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment